Specific course requirements are as follows:
Accounting (24 cr.)
- BUS A201 Introduction to Financial Accounting (3 cr.)
- BUS A202 Introduction to Managerial Accounting (3 cr.)
- BUS A311 Intermediate Accounting I (3 cr.)
- BUS A312 Intermediate Accounting II (3 cr.)
- BUS A325 Cost Accounting (3 cr.)
- BUS A328 Introduction to Taxation (3 cr.)
- BUS A424 Auditing (3 cr.)
- Additional accounting course (3 cr.)
Basic Business and Economics Core (6 cr.)
- BUS F301 Financial Management (3 cr.)
- One of the following:
- BUS F420 Investments (3 cr.)
- BUS F494 International Finance (3 cr.)
Students who wish to sit for the Indiana CPA exam may be required to take additional courses to meet the state requirements. Consultation with the advisor is strongly advised to ensure meeting these requirements.
Students can take up to 6 credit hours at other accredited colleges and universities, provided that the student submits evidence (for example, catalog descriptions of courses) that the courses are equivalent to those specified in the Postbaccalaureate Certificate in Accounting program.
A student who has already successfully completed, whether as an undergraduate or graduate student, any course specified in the program can, at his or her option, repeat the course or take another approved course.