We are Indiana University in Northwest Indiana, a diverse body of faculty, staff, and students committed to inclusivity, academic excellence, and student success. We provide high-quality undergraduate and graduate education by engaging our communities and performing innovative research and creative activities. We offer the advantages of a large university while providing personalized attention within a supportive campus community.
We are the region’s forward-thinking leader in higher education that collaborates to advance learning, personal and professional growth, economic development, social justice, inclusivity, equity, cultural enrichment, and a healthy, sustainable community.
- Student Success: We value growth, transformation, inspiration, and achievement to ensure all students have the opportunity to reach their highest potential in an environment conducive to learning.
- Integrity: We value ethical principles and professional standards. We value authenticity, civility, and transparency in our communications, interactions, and operations.
- Academic Excellence: We value excellence in teaching and learning, innovative research and creative activities, and the pursuit and application of knowledge as we engage and collaborate with our campus community, region, and beyond.
- Community Engagement: We value working together across the region to enrich lives and promote a better future for the mutual benefit of all.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We value diversity in all its dimensions and the pursuit of equitable and socially just practices to promote an inclusive community in which individuals are respected, supported, and learn from one another.