How Can You Get Involved?
Sustainability is everyone’s responsibility. Whether you are at IUN, at work, at home, or out in your community, you can take actions to reduce your impact on the environment. You can get involved to minimize waste, conserve healthy natural areas, restore degraded landscapes, promote healthy communities, support economic growth, and combat the impacts of climate change.
Northwest Indiana is a remarkable place, with unique ecosystems including oak savannas, ridge and swale, tallgrass prairies, dune complexes, rivers and wetlands all clustered into a relatively small geographic area. We are home to the Indiana Dunes National Park and the Indiana Dunes State Park. Industry, natural areas and communities co-exist and depend on one another to enhance our quality of life and to remain healthy and resilient.
Get Involved On Campus
Get Involved in Your Community
- Shirley Heinze Land Trust
- Save the Dunes
- Izaak Walton League
- The Nature Conservancy in Indiana -
- National Parks Conservation Association of the Midwest
- Student Conservation Association (SCA) Midwest Region
- The Arbor Day Foundation
- The Environmental Resilience Institute at IU
- Northwest Indiana Regional Planning Commissions Greenway Plans
- UN Sustainable Development Goals
- The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education
- US Global Climate Report 2020 - NOAA
- United Nations Climate Reports
- The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)