Planning - Current Students

IU Northwest students can choose from more than 300 overseas study programs in more than 50 countries and nearly 20 languages, including English. And the best part is, financial aid is available to cover your costs, including scholarships.

Explore our study abroad programs.

Learn about scholarship options.

In order to continue receiving financial aid, part-time students must complete the application process each year, starting with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). In addition, current students who receive federal financial assistance must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards.

You can complete the FAFSA online, or by returning a paper copy to the federal processor by mail. To request a paper copy, call 800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) or 334-523-2691. If you are hearing impaired, contact the TTY line at 800-730-8913.

For complete instructions on how to complete the FAFSA, visit the Federal Student Aid Information Center.

To find out what happens after you submit your FAFSA, watch this short video.